FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A bikini wax removes hair on the sides and the top area along the bikini line. At Strip, you’ll be able to choose from different kinds of bikini styles which you can find out more over here.
A Brazillian wax simply means all-off. All hair from the front and back of your pubic region will be depilated and that includes vagina, perineum and even the hard-to-reach anus.
A Boyzilian Wax is the male variant of Brazilian Wax. It involves the depilation of all hair from the pubic region, both front and back (including the scrotum, penis, perineum and anus).
Most areas of the body can be treated and that include: leg, bikini line, back, underarms, arms and face.The rule of thumb is to grow your hair out to at least a quarter of an inch long before your appointment.
For bikini waxing, you’ll be able to choose from different bikini styles. You can find the details here.
– Have consumed or applied Accutane, Roaccutane, Retin A, Vitamin B or AHA within the past 6 months
– Have your period
– Have sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, irritated or broken skin or any open wounds on treatment area
– Have sores, warts, ulcers, moles, birthmarks or any tattoo on treatment area
– Had Radiation treatment (e.g.: UV Sun tanning), electrolysis or excess sunbathing within the past 6 months.
– Had excess sunbathing within the past week
– Had a surgical procedure in the past months
– Pregnant or breastfeeding
– Gave birth by natural delivery in the past 3 months, or had a caesarian delivery in the last 6 months
– No hot baths
– No swimming or sunbathing
– No heat or UV treatments like sun beds or saunas
– No tight clothing
– No application of perfumed products including deodorant, antiperspirant, self-tanner or makeup on the treated area
– No scrubbing or rubbing of the treated area (unless you want a bacteria infection)
– No intensive exercise Do apply Ingrown Hair Cream to prevent & treat ingrown hair, 24 hours after your wax, , once a day for 2 weeks
Do exfoliate every 4 – 7 days, 3 days after your wax
Shaving can be done anytime at your convenience, is painless, does not require too much equipment, and costs less. However, waxing focuses on removing hair from the root and acts as an exfoliant for your skin. This leaves your skin looking lively and softer compared to shaving.
Waxing also makes hair grow back finer and softer when compared to shaving. The frequency of hair growth is also higher with waxing whilst shaving makes hair grow back within a day. Despite waxing costing more than shaving, when done with professionals, can make your hair grow less over time which is not the case for shaving.
In conclusion, shaving helps in hair removal in the short run whilst waxing helps with long-term hair removal. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly, quick, and less painful experience, choose shaving. However, if you need semi-permanent hair removal, smooth and exfoliated skin, and less growth rate then waxing might be for you!
Waxing may cost more than other hair removal methods like shaving, threading, depilatory creams, etc. but its benefits are vast. Whilst other hair removal methods don’t guarantee slower hair growth, waxing does. It ensures that your grows back after two to three weeks and is finer, softer, and less bumpy.
Other methods make your skin look bumpy and irritated. However, waxing ensures your hair is plucked from its roots, ensures your skin is exfoliated and leaves behind a soft and natural-looking skin. While people consider it an overprized, it may be cost-effective when compared to money spent on razors and shaving creams from regular shaving.
If you’re still skeptical about the cost of waxing, know that it is completely worth it. Ultimately, choosing to pay for waxing or not is a personal decision. If you’re unsure, you could consult professional waxing services like Strip to understand how it works for you and commit to regular sessions.